Although there are kitchens without a kitchen island, it’s still a popular feature for large cooking spaces, and we see it here and there a lot. It’s not just a functional piece that you can cook, wash, peel, and even eat with if there’s a dining area – it’s part of your kitchen decor. One of the hottest trends right now to add an edge to your kitchen is rocking a statement kitchen island. It can be distinguished by its color, style, or just different in everything – it depends on what impression you want to make. Check out some trendy ideas below and choose!
Suitable but excellent
The most popular idea right now is to choose a kitchen island that matches the rest of the kitchen but is a different color, e.g. B. a black island in a white kitchen or a plum-colored island in a gray room. If you want a more cohesive look, prefer the same countertops for the entire kitchen, and you can make a backsplash from the same material too. If not – choose a different countertop for the island so your look doesn’t match at all. Only with style will your kitchen become more eye-catching. You can also try to match the color of the cabinet countertops with the island and vice versa – this is another eye-catching idea.
If you want to add more edge to the room, if you want to feel like a famous interior designer, choose your own high-contrast kitchen island – it should be different in everything including its look, style, design, and color. Opt for an industrial kitchen with a minimalist kitchen island made of marble, for a glamorous room with a rustic kitchen island made of wood, for a minimalist kitchen with a modern kitchen from the middle of the century – combine them to make a unique statement and your kitchen to give its own character.
In November 2019 we showed you a lot of cool things. Here we want to highlight the best DIY tutorials and the most helpful articles among them.
- We've put together some stylish DIYs to celebrate this Christmas in a minimalist way. So let yourself be inspired!10 stylish DIY minimalist Christmas decorations
- Here are some cool front door decorations that look creative and unique. You can easily make all of them yourself!8 unique DIY Christmas front door decorations
- Bottle brush Christmas trees are very cool to easily add a holiday feel to the room or piece and cost very little. Here are ideas for making cool things out of it.10 DIY bottle brush Christmas tree crafts to try out
- We usually use felt for Christmas decorations and garlands and some other decorations, but what about a cool felt Christmas wreath? There are a number of tutorials here that show how.8 quick and cool DIY felt wreaths for Christmas
- Rainbow and bright colors aren't traditional for Christmas, but if you want something special and non-traditional this is a great idea. Here are some DIY ideas to rock them up.10 DIY rainbow decorations for a bright Christmas